- Required for any drive installed into the main drive bay.
- Eliminate fan noise and maintain correct system fan control when upgrading your 2012 or later iMac.
- The only iMac HDD upgrade option on the market certified to pass the Apple Hardware Test.
- Fixes firmware incompatibility issues with third party hard drives.
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support.
Using an OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit (sold separately), replace your iMac's original hard drive with up to an 8.0TB hard drive or a lighting fast SSD with a NewerTech Adaptadrive, for dramatic upgrades in storage capacity or data speed while maintaining the original system's fan and diagnostic performance..
Note: Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the install video below to determine your ability to perform this complex upgrade.
Professional installation is highly recommended.
OWC assumes no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Technical support for this DIY product consists only of the OWC Install Video.
- (1) OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable
- (1) 27" iMac Adhesive tape set for proper display resealing
Other DetailsiMac13,2 27-inch Late 2012 - 2.9GHz i5, 3.2GHz i5, 3.4GHz i7
iMac14,2 27-inch Late 2013 - 3.2GHz i5, 3.4GHz i5, 3.5GHz i7
iMac15,1 27-inch Late 2014 - 3.5GHz i5, 4.0GHz i7
iMac15,1 27-inch Mid 2015 - 3.3GHz i5, 3.5GHz i5, 4.0GHz i7
iMac17,1 27-inch Late 2015 - 3.2GHz i5, 3.3GHz i5, 4.0GHz i7
iMac18,3 27-inch Mid 2017 - 3.4GHz i5, 3.5GHz i5, 3.8GHz