Converts 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD to a 3.5" SATA hard drive, for 3.5" SATA drive bay usage. Perfect for adding a Crucial SSD to a Mac Pro.
This converter is designed for any system that requires a 3.5” drive, and makes it easy to install an SSD. Older Mac Pro and iMac systems require a converter to install a 2.5-inch SATA SSD and ensure that it fits and works properly. This solution will work with Mac Pro and iMac systems that require the 3.5” drive.
It's easy to install a 2.5-inch drive with this converter in older versions of a Mac Pro tower because installation doesn’t require screws or tools.
The converter provides enough ventilation to keep an SSD cool and also protects your drive so that it can maintain transfer speeds.
Designed to fit into most common PC cases, 3.5-inch HDD duplicators, 3.5-inch SATA HDD enclosures, mobile racks, backplane modules, and servers, the converter does not require the purchase of additional attachments for 2.5-inch drives.
This part is compatible with the following Mac Pro models:
- Mac Pro (4-core) 1st Gen. - 2006-2007
- Mac Pro (8-core) 1st Gen. - 2006-2007
- Mac Pro (4-core Xeon 5400 Series) 2nd Gen. Early 2008
- Mac Pro (8-core Xeon 5400 Series) 2nd Gen. Early 2008
- Mac Pro (4-core Xeon 3500 Series) 3rd Gen. Early 2009
- Mac Pro (8-core Xeon 5500 Series) 3rd Gen. Early 2009
- Mac Pro Quad-Core MC250LL/A Mid 2010
- Mac Pro Quad-Core MC560LL/A Mid 2010
- Mac Pro 4-Core Mid 2010
- Mac Pro 6-Core Mid 2010
- Mac Pro 8-Core MC561LL/A Mid 2010
- Mac Pro 12-Core Mid 2010
- Mac Pro (Mid 2012 - Dual Processor Systems)
- Mac Pro 3.2GHz Quad Core Mid 2012
- Mac Pro 3.33GHz Six Core Mid 2012
- Mac Pro 12-Core Mid 2012