- Required for any drive installed into the main drive bay.
- Eliminate fan noise and maintain correct system fan control when upgrading your 2011 iMac.
- The only iMac HDD upgrade option on the market certified to pass the Apple Hardware Test.
- Fixes firmware incompatibility issues with third-party hard drives.
- Engineered in-house and backed by OWC's award-winning customer support.
Using an OWC Internal HDD DIY Kit (sold separately), replace your iMac's original hard drive with up to an 8.0TB hard drive or a lighting fast SSD with a NewerTech Adaptadrive, for dramatic upgrades in storage capacity or data speed while maintaining the original system's fan and diagnostic performance.
Note: Before attempting to perform this installation, please watch the OWC Install Videos below to determine your ability to perform this complex upgrade.
OWC assumes no responsibility for damage that may occur during the install. Technical support for this DIY product consists only of the OWC Install Video.
1 x OWC In-line Digital Thermal Sensor Cable
2 x OWC 2-1/4" Suction Cup
1 x Torx T10S Driver
1 x Torx T8S Driver
1 x Nylon Pry Tool (Spudger)
1 x OWC Blue Microfiber Screen Cleaning Cloth
NOTE: This kit contains consumable and/or one time use components and therefore is non-refundable if opened. If you have any concerns about your ability to perform the upgrade, you can return the unopened kit for a refund.
Mid 2011 21.5-inch iMac Hard Drive Install Video
Mid 2011 27-inch iMac Hard Drive Install Video
Other DetailsiMac (21.5-inch Late 2011) (August, 2011) Model ID: iMac12,1 - A1311 - EMC - 2428 | 3.1GHz i3
iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011) (May, 2011) Model ID: iMac12,1 - A1311 - EMC - 2428 | 2.5GHz i5, 2.7GHz i5, 2.8GHz i7
iMac (27-inch Mid 2011) (May, 2011) Model ID: iMac12,2 - A1312 - EMC - 2429 | 2.7GHz i5, 3.1GHz i5, 3.4GHz i7