Bundle 500GB OWC 6G SSD and OWC Accelsior S -Mercury Electra® 6G and Accelsior S
An SSD for your PCIe Slot
Give your Mac Pro tower or PC a 6G performance boost
The OWC 6G SSD and OWC Accelsior S DIY bundle is the simple solution to add a high speed SATA 6G drive to PCs or silver Mac Pro towers otherwise restricted to 3G architecture. Combined with the high-performance Mercury Electra SSD, Accelsior S brings cutting edge 6G performance to your SATA 3G system.
Delivering the latest in flash NAND and controller technology, utilizing SLC and 3D NAND for long-lasting, power-efficient performance, the OWC Mercury 6G SSD line offers a powerful combination of performance and reliability for demanding everyday computer users.
Internal storage expansion at lightning speed
With more than 500 MB/s of throughput, the Accelsior S dual-lane PCIe 2.0 card delivers flexible storage expansion – with a speed boost – to your Mac or PC. Accelsior S is the perfect complement to OWC's Mercury family of high-performance SSDs.
With no drivers or extra software needed, upgrading your Mac Pro or PC tower with a Mercury Extreme Pro and Accelsior S is a breeze.
For 500GB Mercury Electra 6G SSD specifications click here
For Accelsior S specifications click here
(1) Mercury Electra 6G SSD
(1) Accelsior S PCIe to 2.5" 6Gb/s SATA SSD Host Adapter
OWC Accelsior S Quick Start Guide
3 years warranty
Other DetailsNote about throughput:
- PCIe 2.0 x4 slot or better is required. Use of a PCIe 1.0 x4 slot will reduce performance.
Mac Pro Throughput:
- 2009-2010 Mac Pro. Installing Accelsior S into any open x4 or x16 PCIe 2.0 slot will deliver full throughput
- 2008 Mac Pro. These models have two x16 PCIe 2.0 slots, which enable Acceslsior S to deliver full throughput. Installing Accelsior S into of the two x4 PCIe 1.0 slots will result in Accelsior S being addressed as a gen one, one-lane card with performance limited to real world 190-200MB/s data rates.
- 2006-2007 Mac Pro. These models utilize PCIe 1.0 slot which cannot be configured (even with the Expansion Utility in OS X) to address Accelsior S as anything but as a first generation one-lane card. As a result, Accelsior S performance will be limited to 190-200MB/s data rates. If maximum data rate speedis desired, we recommend the installation of a 2.5" OWC Mercury SSD in an open Mac Pro drive bay.
Mac Pro 6-Core (Mid 2012) (June, 2012) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 3.33GHz
Mac Pro 4-Core (Mid 2012) (June, 2012) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz
Mac Pro 4-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 2.8GHz, 3.2GHz
Mac Pro 12-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz
Mac Pro 8-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 2.4GHz
Mac Pro 6-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 3.33GHz
Mac Pro 8-Core (Early 2009) (March, 2009) Model ID: MacPro4,1 | 2.26GHz, 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz
Mac Pro 4-Core (Early 2009) (March, 2009) Model ID: MacPro4,1 | 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz, 3.33GHz
Mac Pro 8-Core (Early 2008) (January, 2008) Model ID: MacPro3,1 | 2.8GHz, 3.0GHz, 3.2GHz
Mac Pro 4-Core (Early 2008) (January, 2008) Model ID: MacPro3,1 | 2.8GHz
Mac Pro 8-core (Early 2007) (April, 2007) Model ID: MacPro2,1 | 3.0GHz
Mac Pro 4-core (Mid 2006) (August, 2006) Model ID: MacPro1,1 | 2.0GHz, 2.66GHz, 3.0GHz
Xserve (Late 2006) (August, 2006) Model ID: Xserve1,1 | dual 2.0GHz, dual 2.66GHz, dual 3.0GHz
Xserve (Early 2008) (January, 2008) Model ID: Xserve2,1 | 2.8GHz, dual 2.8GHz, dual 3.0GHz
Xserve Quad-Core (Early 2009) (April, 2009) Model ID: Xserve3,1 | 2.26GHz
Xserve 8-Core (Early 2009) (April, 2009) Model ID: Xserve3,1 | 2.26GHz, 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz
PC Desktops | Compatible with Intel / AMD Process based PCs capable with the specifications listed above.
PCIe capable servers | Compatible with PCIe expandable servers with the specifications listed above.
OWC Mercury Helios | Thunderbolt PCIe expansion chassis
HP DL 380 G7
HP DL 380 G8
Dell PowerEdge R620
Dell PowerEdge T620