1.0TB Micron 5100 Pro Series 2.5-inch SATA 6Gb/s SSD 7MM 3D NAND Solid state drive
Up to 540MB/s Read, 520MB/s Write
- Hot-plug capable (2.5-inch only)
- Native command queuing support with 32-command slot support
- ATA-8 ACS-3 revision 5 command set compliant
- Enhanced power-loss data protection with data protection capacitor monitoring
- Self-monitoring, analysis, and reporting technology (SMART) command set
- Secure field-upgradeable firmware with digitally signed firmware image
- Free Installation Videos
- Warranty Safe Upgrade.
- 3 Year OWC Fulfilled Warranty
Micron's 5100 solid state drive (SSD) uses a single-chip controller with a SATA interface on the system side and four channels of Micron NAND Flash internally.
The SSD is designed to use the SATA interface efficiently during both READs and WRITEs while delivering bandwidth-focused performance. SSD technology enables enhanced boot times, faster application load times, reduced power consumption and extended reliability.
The self-encrypting drive (SED) features a AES-256 encryption engine, providing hardware-based, secure data encryption, with no loss of SSD performance. This SED follows the TCG Enterprise specification for trusted peripherals. When TCG Enterprise features are not enabled, the device can perform alternate data encryption by invoking the ATA security command set encryption features, to provide full disk encryption (FDE) managed in the host system BIOS. TCG Enterprise and ATA security feature sets cannot be enabled simultaneously.
The data encryption is always running; however, encryption keys are not managed and the data is not secure until either TCG Enterprise or ATA security feature sets are enabled.
The Mercury Electra 3G SSD is the OWC recommended upgrade option for the Macs listed in the special note above.