OWC Accelsior 8M2 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD Card - Softraid Pro 6 XT License Included
World’s fastest and highest-capacity PCIe SSD - adapter only, SSD not included
- Revolutionary: The fastest drive available for 2019 Mac Pro, Windows or Linux computers
- Mind-blowing Performance: Up to 26,926MB/s real world speed
- Massive Space: Add up to eight SSDs for jaw-dropping storage capacity
- Bleeding Edge Design: Utilizes the full bandwidth of the latest PCIe technology
- Easy RAID: Create, monitor, and manage RAID arrays with SoftRAID
- Advanced RAID Capabilities: Supports multiple RAID levels and RAID sets for maximum flexibility
- Quietly Cool: Highly efficient and quiet heat-dissipating design for consistent peak performance
- Plug and Play: No drivers needed
Astonishingly, Mind-Blowingly Holy $#!+ Fast
Whether it leaves you speechless in amazement or uttering colorful phrases, the Accelsior 8M2 can be summed up in one definitive sentence:
It’s the fastest, highest capacity PCIe SSD in the galaxy.
This beast destroys performance barriers and every PCIe SSD on the market today. So much so that we considered naming it the Annihil8r! We continuously push the boundaries of SSD capabilities so you can realize your true potential. With the Accelsior 8M2, we’re taking you beyond your wildest dreams and into the most demanding applications imaginable with certified reliability. From M&E postproduction, to real-time AI, to huge dataset climate research… you now have the power to confidently reach higher.
Obliterates Workflow Bottlenecks
As storage performance innovators, we know that bottlenecks cramp your style. The Accelsior 8M2 was purposely created to be the fastest drive you can use in any workflow. With space for up to eight NVMe M.2 SSDs, Accelsior 8M2 offers scorching speeds up to 26,926MB/s and industry leading storage capacity. Now you have the overhead to go faster, process more, and save almost limitlessly.
Creating the fastest PCIe SSD meant combining bold engineering with the latest technology. Each of the Accelsior 8M2’s eight NVMe M.2 SSD slots can run at their full x4 lanes of data throughput. All that insanely fast speed is pumped through a full PCIe Gen 4 x16 lane architecture. And to ensure Accelsior 8M2 keeps running at peak speed for the long haul, there’s a quiet cooling fan in the aircraft grade aluminum heat shield. No compromises. No surrender. Just the ultra-reliable performance that Mac and PC users have come to depend on from OWC storage solutions.
- Accelsior 8M2 offers performance gains in so many diverse ways that it lets you create without limits:
- Stream and edit multiple high-res video streams without a glitch
- Experiment with larger formats and be closer to final work
- Edit and store massive photo images and graphics files
- Experience faster previews, renders, and processing in VFX programs
- Keep page scenery and textures looking sharp and flowing uninterruptedly in virtual reality environments
- Ensure augmented reality visualizations look life-like
- Effortlessly store and work with multiple production libraries and applications
- Run more iterations in DevOps in less time
- Quickly offload essential data to cloud archives for more advanced IoT management
Crushes I/O Intensive Apps
When work requires your storage device to deliver maximum IOPS (Inputs/Outputs Per Second) performance, the Accelsior 8M2 crushes data crunching tasks in a fraction of the time. Cloud applications, climate research, virtualization apps, you name it…the Accelsior 8M2 accelerates them all so you can work more efficiently.
When Survival Depends on Reliable Performance
Government agencies, companies, and institutions need the ability to reliably access and quickly analyze enormous data files to make decisions. The Accelsior 8M2 is ideal for “big data” geospatial apps used by emergency management organizations to process real-time conditions, such as natural disasters like a fire or flood. Officials making life-saving decisions can count on the Accelsior 8M2 to deliver actionable data in extreme situations where every second matters.
Reduces Timelines and Project Budgets
Whether you’re a Media and Entertainment production pro or a transportation logistics wizard, there’s one ever-present formula that affects your success:
Time = Money
There’s a priceless benefit in knowing you can work as fast as possible. Every microsecond saved adds up to money saved for your company. Case in point, a multiple Academy Awards™ winning film production company is currently using the best available storage technology, but still has workflow limits.
Here are some of the company’s problems that could be solved by implementing the Accelsior 8M2:
- Not enough capacity to store multiple reels, so they have to shuttle reel media between the main ingest drive and slower external storage devices.
- The time-consuming process of accessing a finished reel on external drives.
- Struggling with drive space-saving methods like flattening project layers, which requires re-rendering layers you’re working in.
- Not enough speed to view real-time playback. Playback must be viewed in several different modes to determine effects of filters and adjustments.
- Not enough speed to ensure smooth playback of industry’s emerging 8K and 10K 16bit film.
By eliminating the need to remove a reel and renders from their current storage platform, this company can shave up to two days from their production schedule. The Accelsior 8M2 could reduce production costs for this company with typical production projects of 10 reels of film by an estimated $8,000 per project, making this revolutionary SSD a seriously smart investment.
Takes Data to the Edge
As a high-performance NVMe-based storage solution, Accelsior 8M2 delivers the consistent low latency data throughput required in edge computing applications such as industrial automation, smart city ecosystems, and smart retail solutions. It feeds CPUs and GPUs huge amounts of data lightning fast for real-time predictive analytics. If your business provides data-driven services to customers, any lag in service could frustrate customers accustomed to instant information and lead to irreparable brand damage. With 60% of storage professionals using NVMe SSDs to process large data sets generated at the edge, Accelsior 8M2 is more than a competitive advantage…it is a best practice.
Includes SoftRAID XT: Easy and Complete Drive Management
SoftRAID XT is the most powerful, intuitive software RAID utility on the market. Multiple RAID levels let you select the RAID level that fits you or your project’s needs best. If you need maximum volume capacity, optimum drive performance, data protection, or a combination of attributes, SoftRAID has you covered.
Packed with features like drive validation, verification and failure prediction—SoftRAID includes features you simply don’t get with hardware RAID. It’s like having a datacenter on your desktop! From home users looking to protect photos and documents to professionals needing to protect and quickly access projects, SoftRAID is the perfect solution.
- Compatible: Works with macOS 11 Big Sur, M1 Macs and Windows 10
- Advanced: Create RAID 0/1/4/5/1+0 (10) with Macs, RAID 0/1 with Windows machines
- Protected: SoftRAID Monitor constantly watches your disks and alerts you if problems are detected
- Validated: Volume validation ensures sectors can be read and parity is correct
- Certified: Checks disks before use to ensure they are safe for data storage
- Vigilant: Error prediction helps protect against unexpected failure
- Universal: Move SoftRAID arrays seamlessly between Macs and PCs with built-in OWC MacDrive technology
SoftRAID provides a level of performance that you simply can’t get with hardware RAID. Learn more about the power of SoftRAID XT.
Your Digital Life…Protected for FREE
Backing up and protecting your data is critically important. But all too often it’s a task that falls to the bottom of the “to do” list, and you don’t realize it until it is too late. That’s why OWC has partnered with Acronis to give you 1 full year of the #1 personal backup and antivirus software to integrate into your workflow.
Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office safeguards you from today’s data threats—from accidents to failures to attacks. With easy, intuitive backup and Ai-enhanced antimalware technology, your digital life is protected—photos, files, applications, systems, and the devices they are on.
- Complete Backup and Fast Recovery: quickly restore your files or entire system at any time
- Easy Disk Cloning and Full Image Backup: just two clicks to start a full disk image backup
- Cloud, Local or Hybrid Cloud: back up locally, to the cloud, or both. It’s your choice
Up to 26,926MB/s sequential read/write (max) performance based on testing a 16TB (8 x 2.0TB) OWC Aura Pro series SSD equipped Accelsior 8M2 installed in a Windows 10 PC equipped with a Gigabyte Technology x570 motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 9 3900 3.8GHz processor and 16GB RAM, running Crystal Disk Mark 7.0.0 (sequential 1Mbyte block size, 16 queues, 6 threads). The performance will vary depending on SSDs used, CPU speed, RAID setting, and PCIe version.Includes:
(1) OWC Accelsior 8M2
(1) Quick start guide
(1) SoftRAID XT
(1) Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office 1 year subscription
(1) Torx T8S driver
(1) Phillips PH1 screwdriver
5 Year OWC Limited Warranty
|Storage Interface||PCIe 4.0 x16, NVMe 1.3|
|Card Form Factor||Full Length; Full Height|
|PCIe Version||PCI Express 4.0|
|RAID Features||Software RAID|
|Mac OS Compatibility||macOS 10.13 High Sierra
macOS 10.14 Mojave
macOS 10.15 Catalina
macOS 11.x Big Sur
macOS 12.x Monterey
|PC OS Compatibility||Windows 10 32-bit Edition
Windows 10 64-bit Edition
Windows Server 2016
|Number of Bays||8|
|Drive Bays||8 bays supporting:
Supports NVMe M.2 2280 "M Key" SSDs via (8) PCIe 4.0 x4 Slots
|Dimensions||Height: 12.7 cm (5.0 in)
Length: 32.5 cm (12.8 in)
Width: 2.2 cm (0.9 in)
|Weight||750.0 g (1.65 lbs)|
|Ambient Temperature||Operating: 41°F to 95°F (5°C to 35°C)
Non-Operating: -4°F to 140°F (-20°C to 60°C)
|Altitude||Operating: -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
Non-Operating: -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
|Humidity||Operating: 8% to 90% non-condensing
Non-Operating: 5% to 95% non-condensing
Other DetailsMacPro7,1 - A1991 - EMC - 3203
MacPro7,1 - A2304 - EMC - 3413