0TB OWC Accelsior 4M2 PCIe 3.0 M.2 NVMe SSD Card (SSD not included)
Add your own drives for up to 6000MB/s speed for large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, extreme gaming, and other high bandwidth needs.
- Supercharges Mac and PC: ideal for Mac Pro 2019, Mac Pro 2012 or 2010, and PC towers
- Work faster: over 6,000MB/s real-world speed in RAID 0
- Store more: add capacity for critical footage, images, files, and games
- Includes SoftRAID: robust software for creating, monitoring, and managing advanced RAID sets
- Silent cooling: finned heat sink cover for fanless operation
- Highly versatile: installs into a full-height, half-length x8 or x16 PCIe 3.0 or 2.0 slot
- Plug and Play : no drivers needed
Build The Fastest SSD Available
When OWC launched its first Solid State Drive in 2010, it was engineered to deliver the same attribute formula that Mac and PC users expected from OWC external storage solutions:
High performance + high reliability + affordable price = The OWC Difference
Nearly a decade later, our commitment to that winning formula remains steadfast as we push the boundaries of leading-edge SSD development with the Accelsior 4M2. It’s ideal for uncompromised, data-intensive, high bandwidth needs like large format video editing, VR/AR/MR environments, high transactional and complex calculation applications, and extreme gaming.
Accelsior 4M2 houses up to four M.2 NVMe SSDs under a finned heat sink cover that provides silent, throttle-free cooling. When tested with Aura P12 M.2 NVMe SSDs, Accelsior 4M2 delivers over 6,000MB/s real-world speed with the highest reliability possible.
Highly Versatile with Mobile Possibilities
Whether you have the Mac Pro 2019, a Mac Pro 2012 or 2010, or PC tower, Accelsior 4M2 can go to work for you. As a half-length x8/x16 compatible card, this game-changer offers the versatility you need, so you’re not tied to one PCIe slot size or limited by a space-confined computer case.
You can also enjoy the performance-boosting benefits of Accelsior 4M2 with your Thunderbolt 3-equipped notebook computer, iMac workstation, or slot filled gaming rig. It’s Plug and Play easy with a PCIe expansion chassis like the OWC Mercury Helios 3S (sold separately and coming soon).
Change Your Reality
Accelsior 4M2 offers performance gains in so many diverse ways that it will change the reality of how you use a storage solution:
- Stream and edit high-res video and graphics files without a glitch.
- Experience faster previews, renders, and processing in VFX programs.
- Keep page scenery and textures looking sharp and flowing uninterrupted in virtual reality environments.
- Ensure augmented reality visualizations look life-like.
- Change game levels seamlessly and play flight/driving/MMO games with continuously changing scenery and heavily personal preference modded games without micro-stuttering.
- Give your computer a significant speed boost with the improved system “snappiness”, a fast OS boot drive, or a bottleneck-free scratch drive.
Includes SoftRAID: Easy and Complete Drive Management
Accelsior 4M2 includes SoftRAID software to help you manage your data like a pro. You can maximize drive space, get the fastest access speeds, and protect against drive failure with plug-and-play simplicity. SoftRAID’s easy setup makes it a breeze to create RAID volumes by helping you through the entire process. Just decide what you’re using your RAID volume for and how much space to allocate to it. It's that simple to create your preference of speed and/or redundancy attributes of your data volume. Learn more about SoftRAID.
Professional Grade = Ready to Work
We understand having confidence in gear reliability is paramount to creative professionals. That’s why every Accelsior 4M2 pre-configured solution undergoes a multi-step performance certification prior to shipping. This ensures your Accelsior 4M2 arrives operating properly and immediately ready for demanding use.
(1) Accelsior 4M2
(1) Quick start guide
|macOS Compatibility||macOS 10.13 High Sierra
macOS 10.14 Mojave
macOS 10.15 Catalina
|Windows Compatibility||Windows 10 32-bit Edition
Windows 10 64-bit Edition
Windows Server 2016
|Other Requirements||Requires macOS 10.13.6 or later|
|RAID Management||Software RAID (SoftRAID)|
|Capacity||0GB - SSD not included|
|Card Type||Full Height Half Length PCIe|
|PCIe Type||PCIe 3.0|
|Controller Chipset||ASMedia ASM2824|
|Internal Connectivity||(4) NVMe 1.3 M.2 Slots (PCIe 3.0 x4)|
|Internal Connector Form Factor||M.2 - 2280 "M Key"|
|TRIM Support||OS Dependent|
|Performance||Drive and RAID Mode Dependent|
Temperature (°F) 41° — 107°
Temperature (°C) 5° — 42°
Humidity 8% to 90% non-condensing
Altitude -304.8 m to 3,048.0 m (-1,000 ft to 10,000 ft)
Temperature (°F) −40° — 149°
Temperature (°C) −40° — 65°
Humidity 5% to 95% non-condensing
Altitude -304.8 m to 12,192.0 m (-1,000 ft to 40,000 ft)
|Dimensions||Height: 12.6 cm (5.0 in)
Width: 2.2 cm (0.9 in)
Length: 18.1 cm (7.1 in)
|Weight||381.0 g (0.84 lbs)|
|Accoustics||Idle (Typical) 0.0 bels
Seek (Typical) 0.0 bells
|Warranty||3 Year OWC Limited Warranty|
- Data transfer rates will vary based on SSDs used, CPU speed, RAID setting, and PCIe version.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 2.0 slots with reduced speeds.
- Performance in a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis limited by maximum Thunderbolt 3 PCIe bandwidth of 2800MB/s.
- Bootable using a single, independent M.2 startup disk, with the other three M.2 SSDs configured as independent volumes or as a software
- RAID (SoftRAID or Apple RAID). Mac Pro (2010-2012) requires macOS 10.14.6. Mac Pro (2019) requires macOS 10.15.1 or later.
Other DetailsMac Pro Rack (Early 2020) (January 2020) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 2.5GHz 28-Core
Mac Pro Rack (Early 2020) (January 2020) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 2.7GHz 24-Core
Mac Pro Rack (Early 2020) (January 2020) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 3.2GHz 16-Core
Mac Pro Rack (Early 2020) (January 2020) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 3.3GHz 12-Core
Mac Pro Rack (Early 2020) (January 2020) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 3.5GHz 8-Core
Mac Pro (Late 2019) (December 2019) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 2.5GHz 28-Core
Mac Pro (Late 2019) (December 2019) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 2.7GHz 24-Core
Mac Pro (Late 2019) (December 2019) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 3.2GHz 16-Core
Mac Pro (Late 2019) (December 2019) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 3.3GHz 12-Core
Mac Pro (Late 2019) (December 2019) Model ID: MacPro7,1 | 3.5GHz 8-Core
Mac Pro 4-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 2.8GHz, 3.2GHz
Mac Pro 6-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 3.33GHz
Mac Pro 8-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 2.4GHz
Mac Pro 12-Core (Mid 2010) (July, 2010) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 2.66GHz, 2.93GHz
Mac Pro 4-Core (Mid 2012) (June, 2012) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 3.2GHz
Mac Pro 6-Core (Mid 2012) (June, 2012) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 3.33GHz
Mac Pro 12-Core (Mid 2012) (June, 2012) Model ID: MacPro5,1 | 2.4GHz, 2.66GHz, 3.06GHz
OWC Mercury Helios 3S Thunderbolt 3 PCIe expansion chassis
AKiTiO Node Duo
Akitio Node Lite