OWC Data Doubler Mac mini 2009 Optical Bay Hard Drive / SSD Mounting Solution
Includes everything needed to replace your optical drive with a second hard drive or SSD
Supports SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s & 1.5Gb/s Interface 2.5" Drive or SSD (Solid State Drive) of up to 9.5mm (Super Slim) height
Boost your storage capacity by adding a second hard drive, or enjoy near-instantaneous boot and app loading times by adding a Solid State Drive (SSD).
Configuration flexibility is yours when you replace your 2010 Mac mini's internal SuperDrive with an OWC Data Doubler with a hard drive or SSD. The custom-engineered Data Doubler bracket comes ready to mount any 2.5" SATA drive up to 12.5mm in height.
Once you've installed the entire Data Doubler drive assembly into your 2010 Mac mini's optical drive bay, you can customize how you want your internal storage to perform. Drive customization is easy and built right into OS X as the new Data Doubler mounted drive can be setup using Apple's Disk Utility program in which you can format the drive, create a RAID array using two drives together, or partition the new drive. Once formatted you can also setup the second drive as a Time Machine backup so you can take your backup with your wherever you go.
OWC provides free installation videos that guide this DIY upgrade step-by-step for each specific Mac model. Data Doubler also comes backed by OWC's award-winning U.S.A. based technical support team which is readily available to assist you with your upgrade should you have any questions.
- Creating an individual volume with its own desktop icon
- Combining a new drive with the existing internal drive for one larger volume (SPAN)
- Combining a new matching drive with existing internal for high-performance RAID-0 Stripe volume
- Configuring a new drive as a Time Machine backup drive
- Formatting one drive for the Mac OS and the other dedicated for Windows.
What is in the box
- OWC Data Doubler Bracket
- Logic Board Removal Tool
- 2 x Phillips Screws
- Toolkit includes everything you need to open your Mac and install the Data Doubler.
- Detailed Installation Guide
- 1 Year Warranty
OWC data doubler
Other DetailsMac mini (Late 2009) (October, 2009) Model ID: Macmini3,1 | 2.26GHz, 2.53GHz, 2.66GHz
Mac mini (Early 2009) (March, 2009) Model ID: Macmini3,1 | 2.0GHz, 2.26GHz
Mac mini (Late 2009 Server) (October, 2009) Model ID: Macmini3,1 | 2.53GHz