MZ7LM480HMHQ-00005, Samsung PM863a 240GB, 2.5 inch SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise Class solid state drive ( including SSD Spacer adapter for 7mm to 9.5mm )
- Part Number: MZ7LM240HMHQ-00005
- Application: Data Center
- Capacity: 480 GB
- (1GB=1 Billionbyte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor: 2.5 inch
- Interface: SATA 6Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3Gb/s & SATA 1.5Gb/s interface
- NAND Type: Samsung 32 layer V-NAND
- Controller: Samsung 7th Generation SATA 6Gbps Controller for Data Center
- Sequential Read: Up to 520 MB/sec Sequential Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write: Up to 480 MB/sec Sequential Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read: (4 KB, QD32): Up to 97,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write: (4KB, QD32): Up to 16,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Weight: Max 60g
- Operating Temperature: 0 - 70 ? Operating Temperature
- Allowable Voltage: 5V ± 5% Allowable voltage
- Reliability (MTBF): 2.0 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Shock: 1,500G & 0.5ms
A leading-edge SSD in performance, endurance and energy efficiency
The huge growth in data traffic is placing crucial demands on data centres running 24/7 to reach faster speeds while operating cost-efficiently.
The Samsung SSD PM863 is the optimal solution.
Boasting a wide-capacity up to 3.84 TB in a 2.5-inch form factor, PM863 saves valuable space without extra power consumption or compromise in performance thanks to groundbreaking Samsung V-NAND technology.
PM863 delivers high random Input/Output Operations Per Second (IOPS), lower latency, higher reliability and reduced Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) under mixed workloads, ideal for Content Delivery Networks (CDNs), streaming or Web servers.
Achieve high endurance with V-NAND technology
PM863 features cutting-edge Samsung V-NAND technology that stacks the vertical layers in three dimensions, solving the cell-to-cell interference that causes data corruption in planar NAND.
This technology leads to increased capacity on the same footprint, as well as increased performance, endurance and power efficiency - all essentials for data centres.
Optimised performance for mixed workload applications
PM863 shows outstanding random read/write speeds up to 99K/10K IOPS respectively with consistent and constant performance, which is essential for data centres.
Based on internal tests,* the PM863 maintains an IOPS consistency level of 90 percent or higher under virtually any write ratio conditions.
Lower TCO without sacrificing performance
The PM863 boasts better performance-power ratio than mechanical drives. This power-efficiency reduces the operating costs of data centres. The NAND flash-based PM863 provides high reliability, guaranteed with 2 Million Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) and the Total Bytes Written up to 5,600 TBW* (Tera Bytes Written).
* 3,840 GB model
Ensure data integrity for improved reliability
End-to-End Protection enables output data to remain consistent with input data along the entire data transfer path. Power-Loss Protection guards against data corruption or loss in the write cache in the event of power failure using built-in tantalum capacitors. The Dynamic Thermal Guard algorithm monitors the temperature of the SSD by throttling back the performance in order to prevent thermal shutdown.
Leverage the expertize of a technology leader in innovation
Samsung is a single-solution provider that actually designs and integrates crucial components of the SSD in-house. Because Samsung has intimate knowledge of every component and is a leader in V-NAND technology innovation, it can fine-tune each element at every stage of development and create perfect synergy.