Crucial MX500 series 2.5-inch SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD
- Start your system in seconds
- Load files almost instantly
- Accelerate your most demanding applications
- Store massive amounts of data with drive capacities up to 2TB
- Be more efficient with Micron® 3D NAND
- Enjoy a cooler, quieter computer and extend laptop battery life using only 100 mW of power
- Keep all your saved work if power is unexpectedly cut with Integrated Power Loss Immunity
- Get a high price-to-performance ratio without needing a financing plan to pay for it
- Protect your data on a drive that’s tried, tested, and proven from start to finish
- Block hackers and thieves with AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption
- Transfer files easily from your old drive with Acronis® True Image™ HD
- Manage and improve your SSD with the Crucial Storage Executive tool
- 5-year limited warranty
It's worth it.
Every time you turn on your computer, you’re using your storage drive. It holds all your irreplaceable files and it loads and saves almost everything your system does. Join more and more people who are keeping their family videos, travel photos, music, and important documents on an SSD, and get the near-instant performance and lasting reliability that comes with solid state storage. Upgrade with the Crucial MX500 SSD, a drive built on quality, speed, and security that’s all backed by helpful service and support. Even if you’ve never installed an SSD, don’t sweat it – our step-by-step guide walks you through the process to make installation easy. It’s worth it.
Fly through everything you do
Start your system in seconds, load files almost instantly, and accelerate the most demanding applications with the Crucial MX500. Our Dynamic Write Acceleration technology uses an adaptable pool of high-speed, single- level cell flash memory to generate blistering speeds.
Store up to 2TB of data
Save massive amounts of photos, music, and videos comfortably and securely. With fast access to your media, creations, and designs, you’re ready to share at the speed of your life.
Enjoy the efficiency of next-gen Micron® 3D NAND
Our cutting-edge components are engineered from start to finish for efficiency. As a result, the Crucial MX500 uses only a minimal amount of power and still delivers a high price-to-performance ratio – without needing a financing plan to pay for it. Experience a faster, cooler, and quieter computer in your home or business. You’ll wonder how you ever put up with a hard drive.
Upgrade with a drive you can count on
With thousands of hours of pre-release validation, dozens of SSD qualification tests, and a heritage of award- winning SSDs, the Crucial MX500 has been thoroughly tried, tested, and proven. Secure your most important files on a drive with established dependability and these advanced features.
- Hardware-based encryption: Keep personal files and confidential data restricted from hackers and thieves with AES 256-bit encryption that meets all industry standards, including Microsoft® eDrive, IEEE- 1667, and TCG Opal 2.0.
- Integrated Power Loss Immunity: Avoid unintended data loss when the power unexpectedly goes out. This built-in feature of our new NAND protects your data swiftly and efficiently, so if your system suddenly shuts down, you keep all your saved work.
- Exclusive Data Defense: Prevent your photos, music, videos, and other files from becoming corrupted and unusable with layers of error correction and adaptive read technology. Redundant Array of Independent NAND: Protect your data at the component level with an SSD that automatically provides parity protection for your data. This high-end feature works similarly to how RAID is used with multiple hard drives and maintains the integrity of your data, especially for intense users.
- Built-in durability: Because SSDs don’t use moving parts that wear out over time (unlike hard drives), your files are less susceptible to a crash. SSDs are better equipped to survive physical trauma, like getting dropped, because they don’t rely on mechanical parts.
Install with confidence
For many people, opening a computer and transferring data seems terrifying. That’s why we’ve made it easy in the step-by-step Crucial SSD Install Guide. Check it out before you buy, then install your own SSD quickly with everything transferred over successfully and hassle-free.
Micron® quality – a higher level of reliability.
As a brand of Micron, one of the largest flash storage manufacturers in the world, the Crucial MX500 is backed by the same quality and engineering innovation that has produced some of the world’s most advanced memory and storage technologies for more than 35 years. Split-second speeds, lasting reliability, and a decades-long legacy – upgrading with the Crucial MX500 gives you the best combination of quality, performance, and security. It’s worth it.
|Form Factor||2.5-inch internal SSD|
|Available Capacities||250GB/ 500GB/ 1TB/ 2TB/ 4TB|
|Manufacturer part numbers||CT250MX500SSD1/ CT500MX500SSD1/ CT1000MX500SSD1/ CT2000MX500SSD1/ CT4000MX500SSD1|
|Specs||2.5-inch internal SSD • SATA 6.0Gb/s • 560 MB/s Read, 510 MB/s Write|
|Product Line||Client SSD|
|Device Type||Internal Solid State Drive|
|Form Factor||2.5-inch (7mm)|
|Package Content||2.5-inch 7mm SSD SATA 6Gb/s, 7mm to 9.5mm spacer, Acronis® True Image™ for Crucial cloning software and installation instructions|